Electronic Box Lifter HELP!

JoleGW33

Reaction score
Has anybody replaced theirs (electronic hatch lifter) Ultraflex brand made in italy?
Mine (2003 Express330) has gave me problems for many months. It clicks but doesn't go up. Im updating my electronics and want to deal with this now. Where can I buy a replacement lifter or send it to get fixed?

Thanks in advance.

mboyatt

Reaction score
Your photo is not working, so I have no visual. Are you referring to the black hinges that mount on the electronics glove boxes?? If so, just use the search engine in the general discussion section and search for glove box hinges or Southco hinges. I ordered 2 new ones from amazon for about 20 dollars a piece. I believe they are called detent hinges and are made by Southco. Good luck.

JoleGW33

Reaction score
mboyatt said:
Your photo is not working, so I have no visual. Are you referring to the black hinges that mount on the electronics glove boxes?? If so, just use the search engine in the general discussion section and search for glove box hinges or Southco hinges. I ordered 2 new ones from amazon for about 20 dollars a piece. I believe they are called detent hinges and are made by Southco. Good luck.

Thats my signature. No, not the hinges, im speaking of the actual lifter. Thanks for the reply.

jip40

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I had to replace my box lifter about two years ago. I spent a bunch of time researching the exact part. I then told the mechanic which exact part to get & he told me that they are basically all the same (I was looking for the exact length - which I had to estimate because I couldn't get to it) and if the length is off by a bit you just mount it a little higher. He did the work and it has been fine since.

You need to get to the base of the lifter. In order to do that you have to remove the AC/DC panel in the cabin & it's right there.

Lots of luck

Jeff