Electronics box won't open

sel1005

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
just had a bunch of electrical work done on my 360 and now the electronics box won't open. press the switch, nada, zippo. I know that just above it is a fuse or circuit breaker(?), but when I screw off the rubber cover I can't get anything to come out. Dont' want to rip what appears to be a fuse or breaker out but can anyone tell me how those things work? You can press them in and they stay down, but either up or down they don't work. Is there another breaker somewhere for the ram?

Don't see anything in the manual with detail, help would be appreciated.

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
The actuator just went bad on my 330, so check to see if its getting 12V at the actuator. If so, a new actuator is in order.

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
first, you don't unscrew the rubber boot. if the breaker tripped, you just push the top of the boot which has the breaker button under it.

next, i wouldn't touch anything. considering that you just had major work done, call the provider and tell them you now have a problem and you want them to take a look at it. if they fried something while fixing your thruster issue, they should be the ones to resolve it. good luck, ron

ps: the actuator is under the electronics pod. there should be a pie plate at the base of your helm that will provide access to the lower end of the ram which has a pin holding it to its mount; pull that and you can manually lift the pod (which will have the actuator attached to the pod mount).

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I believe that the actuator gets power from the fuse box located in front of your console. Check for a blown fuse there IF you have power at the actuator.
Also check the wires going to the actuator, they get connected with push/pull but connectors, make sure those wires are connected.

sel1005

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks gentlemen, really appreciate the help. I will call the service mgr tomorrow, was hoping maybe it was something really simple as I know zero about electrical systems.