electronics compartment door leaking - adventure & seafarer

w&w

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
The cover of the electronics compartment on my 2020 Adventure leaks. Water enters around the "seal" . Annoying only because some papers I had on the bottom of the compartment got soaked. Anyone experience this and discovered a solution? Looks to be the same configuration on the Seafarer.
See (stock) photo below.

Attachments

• electronics_compartment.jpg
    electronics_compartment.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 1

Fishtales

Reaction score
You may be able to increase the latch force to try to mitigate by adjusting the clasp or adding a spacer on the other side. I find not much is waterproof unfortunately.

Sparkdog118

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I would be calling the dealer for a warranty claim. I’m sure you paid a pretty penny for the boat and that is something they should gladly take care of.

Reactions: w&w

w&w

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I would be calling the dealer for a warranty clhttps://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/2009-h1n1-pandemic.htmlaim. I’m sure you paid a pretty penny for the boat and that is something they should gladly take care of.

Thank you, Sparkdog

I would love to know if this is a known issue with others. I would hate to make a claim for something that is "normal"

w&w

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
You may be able to increase the latch force to try to mitigate by adjusting the clasp or adding a spacer on the other side. I find not much is waterproof unfortunately.
thanks Fishtales,

I investigated the cover and latch to see if anything could be adjusted. It seems the cover is as tight as possible against its "stops" .

Sparkdog118

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Is it possible that the water could have leaked around the roof where the gage panel is mounted? Never the less, that should be the dealer’s responsibility to find the leak and fix it. I was a warranty tech for marine max for 2 years and that is the type of situations I would handle as a dealer tech at your dock. We did hatteras, sea ray, Boston whaler, and meridian yachts.

seasick

Reaction score
My 208 is a much older model and to be honest, I never thought of the electronics box as being watertight. Mine has a drain hole and a plastic tube to drain it if it gets water. I always store the boat ( well almost always) with a helm cover on it. I don't like water running down the dash and/or over the switches.
That said, I would try to see where the water is entering the box,which edge or area. I suspect that the top edge is leaky since water at the bottom wouldn't leak in. If leaking at the top, look at the gasket for gaps but I think that maybe the upper edge is just not in far enough to make a decent seal. To correct that you would need a thicker foam gasket but that won't completely help if ONLY the upper edge is not seating. What might work, is to fashion some shims to be placed under the lower hinge flanges that attach the plastic door. That would move the door closer to the opening and hopefully better press against the gasket.

I do agree that you should contact the dealer and Grady first though. The issue could be a bad mold and that is much more of a deal to fix.