Electronics Install on the Canyon Draggin'

Kenlahr

Reaction score
We recently completed a flush mount of two HDS 10 units on the Canyon Draggin'.
Here are a few shots of the install:
http://reeldraggintackle.com/images/Fish Pictures/Canyon Draggin/100_4004.JPG
http://reeldraggintackle.com/images/Fish Pictures/Canyon Draggin/100_4004.JPG
-
The sonar performance exceeds my expectations. For example, I have great shots picking up fish on the bottom in 600 feet of water. Thats not bad, but what about 1200 feet! Not so bad, until you realize we were using a P66 transom mount ducer (600w) AND it was in 200 kHz mode!

Kenlahr

Reaction score
Catch?

Just fishing. Over the last month I have covered some water from the Coral Sea to St Augustine Fl and back to OC Md. I missed the Black Marlin bite by a day in Townsville, and in FL the weather kept us fishing the wrecks for Snapper & Grouper. Back in MD, the BFT bite is on.

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Very clean installation, Ken. And it sounds like you have really did some traveling lately. Did you drag Canyon Draggin down to Florida?

Kenlahr

Reaction score
Thanks Bill,
I have been very happy with the install.

We did Drag her down to Florida. It was just under 1000 miles, one way. We were permittted the whole way this time. The only state that was an issue was .... North Carolina. Go figure, when NC has a limit of 9 foot 11 inches, they pull me over on 95 to measure me. Other than that, the trip was flawless and we got lots of fishing done in St Augustine.

Desperado

Reaction score
The dash layout of your 282 looks the same as my 272. Does anyone know if the dash electronics box has the same dimensions? I am lookingat possible removing the door and flush mounting some units in a similiar fashion. Thanks!