Electronics Installer

Marbles816

Reaction score
Hi, I'm not sure which forum to post this in...

I finally purchased the boat of my wants... a 2015 Canyon 271. Presently it has a Garmin 7612xsv with a B60 and also a Garmin radar. I just purchased a 1243 and a GT52 and also a Garmin autopilot too. The issue I'm having is trying to find an installer. I've had two guys said they would do it, but only one showed up and we did agree on a price. The problem is that he never responded again to any of my calls and texts and did not showed up in the timeframe he said. (He said he would be available in about three weeks. It's now been almost 9 weeks.) So at this point, I'm looking for another person. I'm located at the Jersey Shore in Toms River. If anyone knows of someone, I would appreciate you passing my information along. My name is Mark and my cell is 908-910-4899. Thanks.

Blaugrana

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Can you go without and do in the off season?

I actually did my own electronics but had the folks who service my boat install the transducers. They did a great job, never lose bottom regardless of speed, very clean.

Ocean Beach Marina in Lanoka Harbor. Ask for Kyle.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Crazy out there with covid. Boat market is insane, everyone wants something. Leverage tilted toward suppliers and installers. I like the advice above. Go without this season and go after it in the fall. Most people wait until the last minute to do things and this is prime boat prep season.

Marbles816

Reaction score
Thank you for your response. That was a thought I had too about waiting until after the season was over. The only other issue I have is that the boat was lift kept until I purchased it and never bottom painted. So I searched for painters for the last few months and finally found one. Unfortunately the day he was starting the job, he wound up in the hospital with a serious medical condition. So right now my boat is still sitting on the trailer. My luck has not been that good.

Marbles816

Reaction score
Crazy out there with covid. Boat market is insane, everyone wants something. Leverage tilted toward suppliers and installers. I like the advice above. Go without this season and go after it in the fall. Most people wait until the last minute to do things and this is prime boat prep season.
I agree with price being crazy. However this whole venture started back in February when I purchased the boat. And yes, I agree with the other member, I'm thinking about waiting, but still need a painter. I would do it myself, but I have a personal issue too and can't perform that type of work anymore.

Blaugrana

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
By us, it’s crazy as everyone wants their boat in either by Memorial Day or the 3rd weekend in June when the rest make their way down.

I use Ocean Beach Marina for servicing my outboard and whatever I don’t want to deal with it. Bottom painting runs about 400 plus bracket for my boat but it’s reasonable after you consider supplies. Your talking more money for yours given size and that it’s never been painted before. Give them a call and see what timeline they can give you.

My advice is to target March/ April in the years to come for boat launch. Enjoy having the bay to yourself and you’ll see some neat things that you won’t see otherwise once the craziness begins.

Marbles816

Reaction score
I agree with earlier in the year. I usually have my boat splashed by the end of March, but as mentioned I just purchased it the end of February and after of talking to friends in the marine business and researching the correct way of painting the boat, that's when I started looking for someone. BTW, I actually know someone who works for OBM and he told me to call his boss, so I did. I left a message, but he never returned my call either.
Thanks for your input. I do appreciate your efforts.

Blaugrana

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Which OBM did you call? There are 3 but I always work with the one in Lanoka Harbor. Kyle is the manager and Tracey sets it all up.

Avoid Good luck point Marina as my neighbor paid 2k+ for maintenance and his boat his sitting on blocks waiting for 7 weeks

Marbles816

Reaction score
It was the place actually in OB. Ok thanks, I'll give them a shot.