electronics /stereo in a 192

Reaction score
Just posting up some photos of one of my winter projects. Rearranging my electronics, installing a stereo and replacing a corroded throttle lever. (speaker just there for testing)
IMG_8321.jpg

before
IMG_7373-1.jpg

after
IMG_8257.png

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Looks good.

I just ordered a throttle arm...mine is pretty pitted too.

Spring isn't too far away...time to start on the projects.

Reaction score
thanks... Have a few other things I plan on improving on the boat, hope I can get the time... other projects in the works also, car's and house stuff... I need more time!

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Nice setup and work. I hear you on the time thing. When I had my 192 I eventually moved to a black box VHF radio set up to free up space for a bigger GPS unit. I put the black box unit in the compartment in front of the helm.

kgs365

Reaction score
How hard was it to replace the Yamaha arm?

Reaction score
That was actually easy... unbolt, unplug, then install, easier then I thought. Everything is exposed under the gunwale. Mounting the VHF and stereo where the hardest only because the tight quarters for drilling... and my fat fingers.

Fishballs15

Reaction score
Nice work. I notice your GPS is in the electronics box as well. Do you have an external antenna as well or does the unit function just fine inside the box? I will be replacing my fishfinder with a combo unit this spring and was hoping to keep it in the electronics box without adding the extra antenna.

Thanks,
Fish

Reaction score
yep I will second that, mine was on the other side of the box when I got the boat...used it all summer with out a glitch... no external antenna. I love that little unit.

Fishballs15

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback and glad to hear the unit works fine without the extra antenna. Looking forward to trying my new unit out this season.

-Fish

Reaction score
First day out on the water with toons was a great one.

Action_Jackson

Reaction score
192 said:
First day out on the water with toons was a great one.

Sweet. I was forced to keep mine where it was because the previous owner did a terrible single din cutout for a stereo above the starboard door heading into the bow area.

http://www.amazon.com/PLMRCW2-White...F8&qid=1366764783&sr=8-4&keywords=pyle+shield - I bought a splash resistant cover which sits fairly flush and will cover up the crappy cutting job that is there now.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wc...&subdeptNum=50197&classNum=50198#.UXctLyuzxBo - I went with a West Marine 3000RF stereo (mainly because it was white, had a lot of pre-outs and had an rf remote as well)

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entertainment/Marine/KFC-1652MRW - 4 new Kenwood 6.5" White Marine Speakers (will have to cutout two new holes...still considering the location of those but I am thinking in the bow under the seats. The current ones are under either console).

http://www.bossaudio.com/marine/marine-high-power-class-ab-400-watts-4-channel-high-power-amplifier/ - Also bought a Boss Marine 4 channel Amp. I've also got a Sirius hardwired in with the white marine antenna and a shakespeare 8'ft am/fm antenna whip to match the vhf on the starboard side.

http://www.scosche.com/car-audio/mobile-accessories/marine-aux-input-with-3-5-cable-whiteI am also putting in an aux jack on either console so there aren't any wires visible and the passenger can control the music as well.

I am going to do the install when I grab my boat May 5th and take some pics when I do it and post the results!

Reaction score
use the extension to post pics

After using my set up once, it is great for slow cruising and ok for when your running but it's a bit underpowered. I'm sure if I would have not tried to hide the speakers then I would be able to hear them much better. I may try and put an amp on them and see if that does the trick. For now there good for me.

TommyGirl225

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 225
I took out the electronics door and made a marine lumber (plastic star-board) template to flush mount my gps, Vhf, and 12-volt receptical. See attached picture. Great project for my 1998 192 Tournament! Also added snap in carpet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,641