Elevator lift

SeaVee

Reaction score
As much as I don’t want to consider one, an Elevator lift might be my only option, due to my location. Any experience with one? I have a 265 now and maybe the biggest I could go in my creek might be a Marlin or 305.
I hear they’re substantially more expensive and a lot more finicky, any info would be appreciated.

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I have a 20K # Hi-Tide elevator that I am very happy with. Installed in 2011 and it has been pretty much flawless. I keep a 330 on it and use it a lot. Boat weighs about 14,500#. Not sure it's much more expensive since it only requires 2 pilings. Their lifts are all stainless steel fittings and 6061 series aluminum with big sacrificial anodes. My only recommendation is get one that is oversized for the boat.

Fishtales

Reaction score
No expert by any means, but I'd suggest:
- 20% weight over capacity to give you margin. Calculate total weight (boat, engines, water, fuel and gear at max levels).
- SS and aluminum construction with the correct annodes (zinc, aluminum or magnesium) for the application.
- Do your research and ask around as you are doing. Get a solid local install firm to do it so if you need help you have access.
- Investigate how they lock the boat in place. I'm sure the hydraulics get it into position and then there is a mechanical locking device to hold it.
- Hydraulic lines. Type and fittings for your application.
- Any preventative maintenance, inspections or the like required each year?

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Most lifts are SS cables operated by electric motors with various mechanical advantage pulley arrangements. See attachment.

Attachments

• Aluminum Elevator 6-20 Install Manual.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 15