Enclosed pilothouse to Grady white?

akchad

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm brand new to your forum. I'm looking for information from some folks with experience here. I have a 26 Olympic Pilothouse. I'm wanting to go bigger. I like the GW Marlin 300 size wise. I like the 10'6" beam (trailerable with my diesel and a trip permit) but the beam is 2 1/2 feet wider than my current boat so I can only imagine the extra stability (haven't even been on one yet cause I'm still thinking). Here's my concerns.

1.) Waves over the bow hitting the canvas over the windshield
2.) How noisy is it at the helm? Can you have a conversation or do you feel like you are outside still?
3.) I'm in Alaska and I like heat in the cabin and Pilothouse...

My other considerations are a Parker 2530 (wider beam and pilot house) or a North River, but honestly I do like the nicer finish of the cabin down below over the utility finish in the other boats for the same price. Anybody have some feedback here?

Thanks in Advance.

Lsquared

Reaction score
1. waves over the bow and on the glass isn't an issue in the south as it wont freeze but that could be a concern. not sure if you would take it out in the extreme cold enough for hte water to freeze.
2. I have the next step down from the Marlin and you can hold a conversation at the helm no problem
3. you could rig something for heat but would need a genset for sure.

seems to me a hard pilot house would be better suited for your situation but anything can work if you want it to.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I have a 28 Sailfish and heat the cabin with shore power or a portable Honda generator. Good for spring and fall warm ups but not for winter weather. Are you planning on using the boat all year or just summer?