Enclosing the Marlin mid-berth

Jeff4741

Reaction score
Anyone have a suggestion how to put a door on the mid-berth area of a Marlin? I use that area primarily for storage. Locking it would be ideal.

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
You could probably have a starboard door fabricated. I am guessing it would need to swing up. It could come to the edge of the steps but that area would still be open. I must admit I have never seen that done. Mine is also for storage. I keep folding chairs, fish bag, cushions, long boom downriggers, and two hassocks of life vests. Everything is packed to keep from jumping around in choppy seas. The hassocks help buffer the downriggers which are held together with bungees.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I'm thinking it is more trouble than it is worth. You have to do the mod, likely give up some access room, have a service area (for doors to open up or out which is likely a PIA). Is it really going to stop someone other than you? If looking at the stuff in storage concerns you, why not run a bungee cord across the opening and have the wife make a fabric curtain. You can close it off and get the same access you get today.