enclosure

kevgle

Reaction score
What do you guys find is the best method or chemical to clean scratches and hazing from enclosure?Can hardly see out from the helm .Thanks

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
There's different types of "clear" enclosures. What type do you have?

The real trick with caring for these is to not let it get so bad to start with and stay on top of keeping them clean and protected. And use the right products for the right enclosure material. For example, don't use Windex and paper towels. Most clear vinyl (or acrylic/whatever) manufacturers have specific recommendations for care and cleaning.

Since it's at the point that it is now, you can't really lose anything by getting aggressive. Personally, I've never had to go to this step but I remember reading that a metal polish (Flitz, for example) can work on various vinyl products (Eisenglass, Strataglass, etc).

But again - first you need to know what you have.

kevgle

Reaction score
Thanks, it is strataglass and only a few years old. i took them off the boat and trying to buff them with 210 and a polisher.

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
Try Imar startaglass cleaner and polish.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Only a couple years old and already that bad? OK definitely keep up on the regular maintenance once you get this sorted.

210 is great stuff... for maintenance and normal cleaning. But from what you've written it sounds like you need more than regular cleaning. Strata is a vinyl product - so there's a possibility of trying the Flitz - at least on a small spot. But always start with less aggressive means. As noted - tons of info about Strata out there - even Strata themselves.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Imar is the recommended item. There is a cleaner and a polisher. Use both prior to splash. I do it every year and they look very nice. By the end of the season, they need it again.

Reactions: wspitler