Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Does anyone know if a 2005 Sailfish 282 enclosure will fit a 2003 Sailfish 282

ItalianAngler

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I'd call customer service as well. Sailfish went through an update in that timeframe, the 03' and the 05' do have differences, I'd be absolutely sure before spending money.

Fishtales

Reaction score
The biggest things will be:
- Any windshield height mods.
- Snaps used. There are circular, lift the dot and at least one other type.
- Position of snaps. Some slide in the windshield frame, others are hard mounted. They are not copy exact, so many won't line up. You'll likely need to add additional.

Give A&J Canvas a call and see what a new one would cost as a compare. Likely in the $2600 range. If you can get it cheap enough, go for it. Just make the mods on the enclosure not the boat (i.e - make the canvas fit the boat, not the other way around).

Reactions: SmokyMtnGrady

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
The biggest things will be:
- Any windshield height mods.
- Snaps used. There are circular, lift the dot and at least one other type.
- Position of snaps. Some slide in the windshield frame, others are hard mounted. They are not copy exact, so many won't line up. You'll likely need to add additional.

Give A&J Canvas a call and see what a new one would cost as a compare. Likely in the $2600 range. If you can get it cheap enough, go for it. Just make the mods on the enclosure not the boat (i.e - make the canvas fit the boat, not the other way around).
I might add since A and J did them for their boats and still does that Lee might have a better idea of any changes than Grady. it wouldn't hurt to call both.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Good point. AJ probably knows more than anyone on the subject.