Engine bracket plug

pwake7

Reaction score
I have a 2006 232 Gulfstream. The plastic plug to drain the engine bracket cracked.Does anybody know the part number or where I can get a new one to replace it? I believe it is 3/8 in size.Open to suggestions. Thanks

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I would think it will be a metric size with metric threads. Contact SimYamaha or iboats and with your model number you can get the correct part.

VeroWing

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Twin engine bracket on my Gulfstream has 2 aluminum plugs that are the same size as the boat's bilge plug. Here is a pic of one of the spares I bought in brass, with size. By the way, I bought them at home depot.

NOTE:
P.S. I am not advising anyone to use a brass plug on an aluminum bracket. Only showing this plug that I have for a spare bilge plug as an example of the size plug needed and used in my outboard bracket on my Gulfstream. There appears to be some confusion.

boat plug.jpg

Last edited:

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I missunderstood what you needed. I thought you were referring to the plug in the hydraulic tank for the tilt/trim. Sorry for confusing the issue.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
3/8" sounds small. I always thought those plugs were a standard garboard drain plug size? That would be 1/2" pipe (NOT 1/2"... 1/2" "pipe"... "NPT"). Since your bracket is made of aluminum, though, don't use a regular garboard drain plug (which is bronze) - other than to check the size. Stick with plastic or aluminum. Otherwise, you risk causing corrosion to the bracket.

wrxhoon

Reaction score
1/2" NPT on my 228 G as well. Mine is plastic , as Dennis said stick to plastic or aluminum and use some sealant or plumbers tape so it doesn't leak.