Engine Trim Indicater Inop

Bay Drifter

Reaction score
Hello all. I have the GW225 with F250. Trim on the motor is working fine but the indicater on the gauge is not moving. It is only showing one bar all of the time. Wondering if there is a trick for resetting? Batteries have been disconnected all winter and yesterday was the first day out. My 16 year old daughter hauled in her first trophy rockfish. She was quite surprised at the size compared to our summer fare on the bay. We are catch and release for the next couple of weeks. Lots of new rules with Maryland C&R this year for pre season rockfish.

1st grady

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Behind and under the tilt rod on the motor is a small switch that pushes against a bracket on the tilt rod. These switches are notorious for binding up. After you locate it, spray it liberally with your favorite lube, WD40, CRC and work it up and down until it moves freely. I need to work on mine every season.
Part #s 1 and 3 in the diagram may help to locate it.
http://www.boats.net/images/diagrams/ya ... 1/0025.png

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The "tab" for the trim sending units used to be made of plastic and Yamaha has since redesigned them and they are now made of SS.

If you only need the tab, its less than $15. If your sender is shorted out and needs to be replaced, the parts alone are close to $150

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
He probably just needs to lube and exersize the moving arm.

It may take a while to free up as mine did, had to back and fore it may times to get it back to full range and easy to move, and where the spring will return it.