Espar location recommendation for Marlin 300

Phil

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Hello there, I am going to install hydronic espar system in my Marlin. Currently, my hot water tank in inoperable but i can still Use it to store hot water. Obviously I’ll be using the system for interior heating as well.

I was just wondering if anyone had a recommendation as to where the best location would be for the small unit? There is a large cavity under the cockpit on the port side next to the stairs and there is also an option to store it on the bulkhead between the fuel tanks and the bilge access (mine is a 2001) I’m just thinking that may be a bit close to the fuel lines, but I’m not sure.

any help would be most appreciated

Fishtales

Reaction score
I'd like it either under the raised helm as you say, maybe where the fridge is (if there is room behind or no fridge), or potentially either in the cubby under the sink or v-birth. Don't think there is much room under the cockpit in the bilge and the lines would be likely longer. Not sure if you want it in a wet/humid location. How big and can you put it in the aft bilge under the cockpit deck?

Phil

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I'd like it either under the raised helm as you say, maybe where the fridge is (if there is room behind or no fridge), or potentially either in the cubby under the sink or v-birth. Don't think there is much room under the cockpit in the bilge and the lines would be likely longer. Not sure if you want it in a wet/humid location. How big and can you put it in the aft bilge under the cockpit deck?
My concern about putting it in and around the interior is the noise from the furnace at night. There is actually quite a bit of space on the aft side of the bulkhead between the fuel tanks and the batteries. I could even put the kerosene tank in that area as well. If need be, i could put a heat shield between the furnace and the port side of the boat where the fuel lines are but that may be overkill if installed properly