Ethanol Rears Its Ugly Head

Daman858

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Well, it looks like ConAgra's campaign contributions worked. The USA Today reports that the EPA has given it's official okie-doakie to produce gasoline with the 15% ethanol content. Watch were you gas up this summer, fellow mariners!

Desperado

Reaction score
I was told they will still have to offer E10, so there should be separate pumps. I agree that someone in the government is getting taken for a ride by lobbyists.....

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Funny when a drug company creates some new life saving drug, it takes years and years of study and so forth before it hits the market. If the drug injures somebody, the legal system kicks in and so forth. There is still some concern and evidence that E 10 damages motors and so forth. So we rush the E 15 to market thinking it is better :doh These kinds of foolish green energy decisions are driven by blind dogma. You would think the EPA would do some analysis of the costs of using corn from its impact on food prices, the amount energy used to grow compared to the energy yeild and more importantly to all of us, its impact and harm it does to our engines. I wonder if I can get some bail out money to fix my motor from the government action....

Daman858

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I just read where Carol Browner, former EPA head under Clinton and climate adviser to Obama, is abandoning ship because cap and trade is dead and the new congress is taking a closer look at the draconian way in which the EPA rules by edict. Well, for boaters, owners of diesel trucks and cars and the motoring public in general, this is very good news because this woman is just a nut job. She is the author of the low sulfur diesel rules which have done absolutely nothing to clean up the air but has reeked havoc on the owners of older diesel cars, truck and boats. Good riddance!