Ex Dolphin falls off Grady.

Bob's Cay

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I'm sure most of you have heard about Rob Konrad an ex Miami Dolphin that fell off his boat and was in the water for 16 hours as he swam to shore. According to this article ithis boat is a 36' Grady.

Never been on a 36 but spent some time on a 330. I cannot imagine a wave knocking you off the boat. My bet is he was on the swim platform taking a leak when it happened.

He is a lucky guy.

http://tablet.olivesoftware.com/Olive/T ... id=Ar03500

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
The story I read was that he was fishing (alone) and had the boat on autopilot while he was trying to reel a fish in and that's when he went over. That's a heck of swim, though! Good thing he was a Dolphin, himself... not sure a Steeler would've made it.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Did it ever mention what happened to the 36 GW - I know he was rescued but never heard about the boat?

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
My boat is documented and I have name on sides and port on transom - I have been randomly boarded several times and the only thing thr CG asks for is the documentation paperwork. I know the regs say the name and port should be together but not sure too many know the regulations details.

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Legend;
I was told via news feed that it wound up on a reef close to one of the Bahamian Islands. If no one's aboard to shut it off, and there's plenty of fuel..