Explorer 246G fuel tank replacement

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
I'm at the place where I want to replace the main (91 gals) and the aux ( 56 gals) fuel tanks on my 1993 Explorer 246G . If anyone has done it and has any advice ,pictures and recommendations on who they used it will be very welcome . I'm in Virginia near the southern end of the Chesapeake Bay . hanks in advance

chrisk

Reaction score
I have replaced mine twice ('92 246G). Once due to a defect (thanks to GW for the free replacement well out of warranty) and much later due to corrosion. Pretty straightforward job, need to remove the floor panels and both tanks will come right out. Be sure to replace all plumbing (hoses, clamps, etc.) and also a good time to inspect the stringers and wood in the hull. I had mine built locally here in Florida but given the dimensions, you should be able to find a fabricator in VA.

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
I have replaced mine twice ('92 246G). Once due to a defect (thanks to GW for the free replacement well out of warranty) and much later due to corrosion. Pretty straightforward job, need to remove the floor panels and both tanks will come right out. Be sure to replace all plumbing (hoses, clamps, etc.) and also a good time to inspect the stringers and wood in the hull. I had mine built locally here in Florida but given the dimensions, you should be able to find a fabricator in VA.
thanks for that info . mine are the original tanks so i know I'm on borrowed time