Express 265 Groco Switch for head discharge

kman

Reaction score
Just got a 2005 265 Express. Been working on a number of items and I appreciate the info the forum has to offer. I am having a couple of issues with the head and macerator. The issue with the head is not the priority since I am able to flush. I just can't fill the bowl using the manual pump. but I am at least able to fill it with fresh water using the sink/shower faucet.

I also found that the macerator would not turn on. I bypassed the switch and was able to get it running so I sent the switch to GROCO and they want $150 to fix it. Has anyone replaced the Groco switch with a simple automobile on/off toggle switch. I know the Groco switch has the tank monitor indicator, but I really don't need that. I don't think it's worth paying $150 to fix the switch which will probably break again.

Sea Shift

Reaction score
I'm in the same situation. I have purchased the repair kit for the manual pump and will be installing soon. I will let you know how it turns out. As for the switch, I haven't tackled that yet either.

fishingFINattic

Reaction score
You can easily replace it if you want to give up the indicating.

I would recommend a momemtary push button for 12/24 VDC applications.

Something like this will work (note it does not include the switch piggy back portion)

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/SCHNEI ... Pid=search

I would not recommend just any auto switch as when you wash down the area, or use the shower, the switch will get wet therefore be sure the selected with switch has the correct rating.

The real trick will be to fabricate a new cover.

A stainless sheet can be cut to the same size and screwing pattern, then punch a hole for the push button.

Good luck.

Tim

kman

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. When you say "piggy back portion" are you talking about a mounting base? Also what is the "correct" rating? Is there a specific rating that indicates that it can handle water?