Express 33

Lainie J

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Anyone have any comments on the express 33. i have a marlin and considering moving up to a 33. the kids are getting older and want to start bringing friends when we overnight. i moved from a sailfish to the marlin several years ago. there was a big difference in the ride and comfort. wondering if anyone has moved from a marlin to an express and what your opinion is of the difference. i fish inshore and offshore, off long island, ny.

thanks,
steve

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I had a 2006 Bimini(same hull as Marlin), then i got a 2007 Express 330. The ride was day and night between the two boats, not as quick as the Bimini but o.k. Then deside that the express is not really what i wanted and went back to cc and got a 2008 Canyon 336, now this is THE BOAT.
I have three kids and overnight in the boat was not a problem in the 330, but did not happen enough, so that is why i switched to center console.

The Black Pearl II

Reaction score

i did just what you are thinking, moved from a 30 marlin to the 33, and now the 360. i really like the 33, there are quite a few of them around. used you should be albe to get a really good deal. check out some other posts on the 33, there are a lot of good points. i REALLY like my 360- best boat i have ever had! good luck

my retreat

Reaction score
33 Express

I test drove one and loved the boat handling! I did not like the helm layout at all. The center chair (premium style) took up the helm area. With twin 350's didn't like the fuel consumption. Close to 60 GPH towards top end.

Hope this helps.

Eberen

Reaction score
Had the 33 before the 360 -- GREAT boat, rooms, and a 'canyon runner'!

Stonewall

Reaction score
I had the 30 marlin and moved to the 33 Express in 2006. There are a couple nice differences:

More room below (the extra 3 feet is all down below)
You don't have to drop the table for extra sleeping space
The aft berth is huge (I'm 6'-1" and can fully stretch out)
The center console is great
The additional storage really comes in handy
Overall, the boat really handles well

Lainie J

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your opinions. I didn't really expect any bad reviews. I am on 3rd Grady for a reason.