Express 330 Cabin Dimension

BRO-CAL

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Hi all - I'm trying to get aboard a 330 Express in the San Diego area but it is proving to be difficult to find one. Can someone please let me know what the headroom is inside the cabin? Is it the same headroom inside the head? What about the size of the v-berth? I'm 6' 5" tall and want to know if I can actually sleep on this thing for a weekend. Thanks in advance!

everwhom

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Hmm - I'm only 5-8, but off hand I'd say you will not be able to stand up all the way straight in the cabin or head, but you should be able to sleep in the v-berth and mid-berth just fine. The mid-berth is way more comfortable in my opinion...

On the other hand you'll be able to reach all the rest of the stuff up high that makes me feel like a dwarf on my boat!

Viking88rd

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Hi,
We are closing on a new to us 2015 330 in the Spring (moving up from a Marlin). I am 6'5" and wife is 5'10". We spent considerable time on the 330 during the purchase process. The V berth is very sleepable and the mid-berth is quite spacious. Head room clearance is snug in the cabin & head, but as good as you are going to get in this type of boat imo. Helm headroom is fine. Going from the helm down into the cabin is a bit of a dance, but once you get the choreography mastered....no problem. Overall, being tall has its advantages, but not on a boat. Lol. However, the 330 is doable in all aspects. Enough so, that we pulled the trigger in moving from the Marlin.
-Rusty

Reactions: BRO-CAL

BRO-CAL

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Great info, thanks guys! @Viking88rd what engines are on your 2015? Did you look at the Express 360 or 370 at all?

Reactions: Viking88rd

Viking88rd

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Hi,
We did not look at anything larger than the 330. For us, the 330 is the sweet spot. It has Yamaha 350's on it (<100 hours).

Reactions: BRO-CAL

Flot

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Great info, thanks guys! @Viking88rd what engines are on your 2015? Did you look at the Express 360 or 370 at all?
I'm 5'11 and find the cabin headroom comfortable, ( I can stand straight up without issue) but I think you'll be a bit hunched over. Also, I believe the height may have changed a tiny bit over the years as the headliner assembly got redesigned at least once. As long as you're ok with your feet hanging off a bit, you'll be fine in terms of sleeping space. I can measure exact height inside my 2002 head if that would help you.

Last edited:

BRO-CAL

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Thanks @Flot ! Good for now, just need to get on one in person!

Flot

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Thanks @Flot ! Good for now, just need to get on one in person!
Definitely. I had my eye on an everglades (350 I think?) and when I finally set foot on one at the dock I realized I couldn't stand up in the cabin. Was a pretty immediate deal breaker for me, I was uncomfortable enough with the boat sitting steady that I couldn't imagine trying to navigate the cabin in seas. Unfortunately with your height, anything smaller than a 40' er may be a challenge.

BRO-CAL

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
@Flot I think what you're saying is, "We're gonna need a bigger boat!" :)

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I'm 6'2" (used to be 6'3") but shrinking with age. I have plenty of headroom in my 2007 330 and the wife and I sleep comfortably in the V berth. I never think about hitting my head either in the head or cabin. I don't know if they have changed the cabin dimensions over the years, but good luck. we love our 330!