Express 330 rigging tubes to helm

FirstTimeGrady

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Hi,
We will be repowering our 2004 with Suzuki DF300AP's in the next few weeks. Before I pull the boat apart, I was wondering if anyone know where the rigging tubes for the harness and shift cables terminate?

There is a access panel under the starboard lounge seat, and possibly the starboard wall panel in the aft bunk?

It's not clear from the Grady manual. Can anyone provide details, of course pics would be great.

Thanks

HMBJack

Reaction score
When this job begins, all access panels on the starboard side will need to removed.

This includes, the full starboard side of the lower aft bunk, the rectangular box shaped panel hanging from the ceiling area in the aft bunk, the AC/DC switch panel, the forward Yamaha gauge panel at the helm and of course the floor panel on the deck in front of the generator. The 12V switch panel at the helm also probably needs to come out for better access to the binnacle area underneath.

The main rigging tube runs from starboard of the generator forward to the area starboard of the aft bunk near where the toilet holding tank is. You will see it all once the panels are removed. Hope this helps...

Reactions: FirstTimeGrady

FirstTimeGrady

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
When this job begins, all access panels on the starboard side will need to removed.

This includes, the full starboard side of the lower aft bunk, the rectangular box shaped panel hanging from the ceiling area in the aft bunk, the AC/DC switch panel, the forward Yamaha gauge panel at the helm and of course the floor panel on the deck in front of the generator. The 12V switch panel at the helm also probably needs to come out for better access to the binnacle area underneath.

The main rigging tube runs from starboard of the generator forward to the area starboard of the aft bunk near where the toilet holding tank is. You will see it all once the panels are removed. Hope this helps...

Thanks HMBJack,
This is exactly what I was looking for, however a lot more work than I was hoping for. At least you didn't mention I had to remove the electronics' box... ;)

I really appreciate your response, this really helps.

FirstTimeGrady

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
After your post, I went back and looked at some pictures I took when I removed the smaller inspection hatch on the starboard wall of the aft bunk. I believe I can see the 3 x 3" rigging tubes called out in the manual. I don't see the outboard rigging coming out of the first tube, I expect it is in one or both of the other tubes forward and behind the starboard wall. Pics attached to help others that may need the same:

Looking aft from Starboard Wall Inspection Hatch in aft bunk:1651340669129.png

No wonder it smells down there:
1651340783172.png

Starboard Bilge - 3x3" rigging tubes:
1651341368102.png

Last edited: