EZ Loader Bunk to Roller Conversion

bdubz06

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2004 Adventure 208 this past week and I am not a huge fan of the bunk trailer. Most of the ramps around here can be rather shallow and I don't like dipping my new 07 Tundra in the saltwater :(

Has anyone ever heard of converting their trailer to rollers and what do you think it would cost (ballpark) for a 2004 4700# Galv trailer?

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

ahill

Reaction score
I inherited an E-Z loader full roller trailer, not a float on, (1989) on a boat I bought a few years ago.
I have a number of issues with E-Z Loader.
Their galvanizing and metal gauge are inferior, parts for my particular trailer are no longer available.
Even though only the tires and a minor bit of metal touch the water, I have had to replace numerous parts due to premature rust despite a soapy washdown on each use.
It's like taking an erector set to sea.
I will be replacing mine shortly with a So. Fla. built trailer either Float On, Load Master or Boat master. I have a tandem Boatmaster under my 272 and it has been great.

RICHNLE

Reaction score
I also have not been thrilled with my EZ Loader roller trailer. It can be a struggle to get the boat on level and straight, and the rust is non-stop even with thorough rinsing.

ahill

Reaction score
When my local distributor couldn't get parts, I emailed EZ customer service. 3 months and no reply!

jekyl

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I'm not sure why you would chose to go with rollers i have had both now. With three boats all around 23-26 ft and the rollers definitely needed more maintenance.
All trailers performance getting the boat on and off is very much dependabnt on how well they are set up for that particular boat. My current trailer is an All American alloy with bunks , we have big tidal differences here and some suspect ramps but the bunks are working great with some adjustment on my behalf. Also I have just fitted Teflon skids on top of the carpet and can't understand why they don't fit it as standard equip. It has made it possible to unload in very shallow water and the boat slides off on it's own.
My pick would be Alloy, bunks, and teflon skids.