F-350s on a 330 Express

SeaBiscuit

Reaction score
Comfortably Numb said:
I'm in Florida. Going with the standard top and curtains. AV2 is nice, but too much $$$. Hope I don't regret it on resale.

I had them delete the paint on the hard top stanchions. Paint and powdercoating just don't seem to hold up. At least paint (which Grady uses) can be touched up.

This photo is from a brand new 33 Freedom sitting on a dealer's lot:

http://imgur.com/a/X8Gwz

We had this boat priced about 3 years ago and didn't pull the trigger. At the time it was either the standard top or full glass enclosure and the full glass option went for about 30k. Seemed a little outrageous. But the AV2 was the perfect compromise between the two. The sight lines from the helm seat are gorgeous, and you can still drop the side curtains on a warm day.

We asked the question about the powder coat chipping as well, wasn't a big fan of it. IMO nothing beats the classic stainless.

Are you having it equipped for fishing or more for cruising? Looking for an opinion on outrigger style/size and rocket launcher placement.

NikM820

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Been on Marlins and Express with every power option since 2002. 225 250 300 and 350. Those who claim underpowered have their reasons I guess but it's just not true in the real world. Underpowered to me means, unable to plane out under loads or unable to hold speed and fall off plane. Not that it's slower to plane or "feels" sluggish as some claim.
Having said that the V8 is an amazing power option. However, I can change my own oil, I cannot change the fly wheel. When we're in the Bahamas for a long trip, having that hang over me isn't an option. This is why most people go with the 300s, I believe. I think most agree the 350 is the best power, just their baggage makes the F300s a more attractive option.

For the guy who takes his boat on for all services I can see justifying the F350s. As for the gyro, i can't wait to put one in my Marlin :mrgreen: just need to find the room!