F200 Running Temperature

timberxx

Reaction score
I am slowing getting through some troubles with my 2004 205. My gauges have not fully worked since I bought the boat. I am considering to put off the work until I can gather some more money. I am concerned that my overheat alarm would not be working if my gauges are spotty. Here is what works and doesn't on my gauges:

Works:
RPM
Hours

Doesn't Work
Speed
Fuel
Trim

Is the overheat alarm attached to these gauge features?

Also, I do check the temperature of the water coming out of the outboard. If I am idling the water is pretty cool. If I run it for a while, it get warm but not hot. Does this sound right?

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The overheat alarm is part of your key switch assembly. Its easy to check and see if it works. Pull off the safety lanyard...turn the key to the start position, and listen for the alarm. As long as you hear it, you know that its working.

The trim indicator is part of the tach. The fuel gauge is part of the speedo. I would remove the screws holding the instrument panel in place and see if something has come disconnected. The gauges all plug into the harness. If a wire has come loose, the gauge won't work.