F225 engine block zincs

eppem

Reaction score
Anyone out there that can comment on their experience with this.

Apparently it is suggested that the be changed annually now..what have any other members heard or experienced? comments appreciated!

HMBJack

Reaction score
I changed all my zincs after ~350 hours in the salt. The ones that need them most were the ones you can't see - the internal zincs next to the spark plugs. They were about 50% while the rest were ~70% (boat not stored in water). I'll change them routinely now every two years when I swap out the water pump. Cheers,

eppem

Reaction score
Those are the ones I am talking about. I just had my engines servicedfor the winter and my mechanic said that they now suggest that the engine block zincs be swapped out annually...certainly not complaining about them doing it for me, just wondering what others were doing or hearing....

Boats Rock

Reaction score
Can they be purchased as a set for each engine? Or do they have to be bought separately?

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
interesting. i have f200s and asked about the engine zincs. my guy said they don't get replaced. is the recommendation 225 specific or all fours? i will keep this on my list for spring commissioning.

HMBJack

Reaction score
I would do the internal zinc on the Yamaha V6 engines before any other. Yes you can buy them individually (they don't sell them as sets as I recall). I think they are something like $18 each (ouch) - but those little buggers are what keep your engine block healthy. When in doubt, swap 'em out! Cheers,

eppem

Reaction score
I am gonna call Yamaha on Monday and see what they say, like anything, getting different answers from different sources!

bc282

Reaction score
These internal engine anodes/zincs . . . is this a professional job or can i do it myself? my engine hours are about 330 hours now and are probably due. :roll:

JUST-IN-TIME

Reaction score
bc282 said:
These internal engine anodes/zincs . . . is this a professional job or can i do it myself? my engine hours are about 330 hours now and are probably due. :roll:

easy to do
they are right on top of most motors
some have them in the heads

if you guys read here, it tells you what to check
http://www.thehulltruth.com/forums/thre ... 35&posts=9

bc282

Reaction score
not to derail this thread, but can anyone let me know where i can get an engine manual for my F225's?

(i prefer to know exactly what to expect before i open up the engine so there are no left over pieces when i'm done :mrgreen: )

JUST-IN-TIME

Reaction score
bc282 said:
not to derail this thread, but can anyone let me know where i can get an engine manual for my F225's?

(i prefer to know exactly what to expect before i open up the engine so there are no left over pieces when i'm done :mrgreen: )

shot me an PM i have them

eppem

Reaction score
Spoke to Yamaha...its their opinion that the block zincs should be checked annually, replace if needed.