F225 help

Lainie J

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I need some advise. I think my VST is dirty. I used the boat for the first time today. Starboard motor would not at first go above 3000 rpm. I continued to use the boat and eventually throughout the day the motor got to 4,100 max. when i tried to advance the throttle past 4100 it would bog down. when i pulled back on the throttle slowly it would then pick back up and run smoothly but not past the 4100. Any advise.

Thanks

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Sounds like a fuel restricton all right.

Have fuel filters been replaced regularly ?
There are more than one.

Does the primer squeeze bulb collapse when it occurs ?

Lainie J

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
f225

The fuel water filters are new. I did not change the clear bulb filter this season yet but i dont see any crap in it. I dont think i have primer bulbs? i have auto primers but dont use them anymore since the F225's are fuel injected. Its possible that i have primer bulbs but i have never seen them, maybe tucked away in the bilge somewhere?

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Look at the stern, boat should always have either electric primer or manual (squeeze) bulb primer irrespective of motor fuel system design.

If squeeze bulb primer collapses or is partiallycollapsed when problem occurs, exact same time problem occurs, then it's not a problem with motor.

If bulb remains full, likely place nextr is VST filter.