F250 Case of missing Oil?

Sea Shift

Reaction score
I was hoping someone could help with this head scratcher :hmm I just had my motors serviced in February and today on a long run from port my starboard motor threw a low oil pressure light and I went into limp. So I promptly checked and yep oil was nonexistent on the stick. So I added the only quart we had on board and headed back in. She ran fine until about 1/2 mi from port and same thing, low oil pressure. So we limped in on the port engine. Any Ideas? I am not seeing any smoke while running. A small amount of sheen one time while stopped but nothing major?

seasick

Reaction score
Sea Shift said:
I was hoping someone could help with this head scratcher :hmm I just had my motors serviced in February and today on a long run from port my starboard motor threw a low oil pressure light and I went into limp. So I promptly checked and yep oil was nonexistent on the stick. So I added the only quart we had on board and headed back in. She ran fine until about 1/2 mi from port and same thing, low oil pressure. So we limped in on the port engine. Any Ideas? I am not seeing any smoke while running. A small amount of sheen one time while stopped but nothing major?
The sheen is the clue. Oil leaks from the oil pump are common. Oil will run down the exhaust leg.
It doesn't burn so you won't see smoke.
Possible cause #2 is worse. If you have the corrosion issue, the oil pan can corrode and leak. Oil leaking out is not good but water leaking in can be terminal. I suspect you have a bad seal. Unfortunately, the power head has to be pulled to replace the seal if that is the problem. While things are apart, you should replace the oil pump.
Running the motor is not a good idea.

Sea Shift

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Sounds like I have a long road ahead of me. No fun.