F250 on Tournament 225

White Horses (Mike)

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Does anyone have this motor on this boat? I just bought a new '07 for spring delivery. I am still worried that with the 250 the stern may ride low. Are the scuppers submerged? How high above the waterline is the swim platform bracket? Is the nose cone in front of the prop in the water all the time? It looks like it would be...

I would love to hear anything else about motor operation!

I will post pictures and observations in the spring when I finally get the #$%^ thing! ...can't wait.

Thanks!

Tashmoo

Reaction score
Slingshot, you bought a geat boat and engine combo. The 250 has a good history and is equiped with variable rate valve timing which is a big plus with the variability of gas quality 200 & 225hp do not have this feature. You should get the extension on your warrant to six years free of charge as part of your deal, if you have not been told of the Yamaha promotion then you need to talk to your dealer.

There are three Tournament 225's in the marina where my boat is one is right next to me. I have never noticed any of them sitting low or taking water into the scuppers.

Good luck and enjoy the new ride!

White Horses (Mike)

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Tashmoo - THANKS!

The dealer did already talk to me about the 3+3 warranty deal -

I am relieved to hear your comments on the motor. I was aware of the variable valve timing, but I am not sure what that means in terms of differences that I would percieve in practice.

My big concern has been - is there too much weight at the transom. I guess I should think of this as a 24 foot boat instead of a 22 given the swim platform and bracket design...

Thanks for taking the time...

Tashmoo

Reaction score
Slingshot, forget about the weight, I just checked the Yamaha web site and the weight difference between a F250 and the F225 or F200 is all of 21lbs. That’s two big bags of ice, 2.5 gals of water one big stripped bass ----- the weight is insignificant.

Here are two links that will make you feel great about your purchase.

http://www.boatingworldonline.com/Artic ... 12518.html

http://www.jdpower.com/boats/articles/G ... al-Console

You are going to love this boat --- it’s time to get excited about your electronics choices, charting new places to go, learning your home water on the charts and waiting until spring and the launch day. Kind of like being a kid again when a day never ended, a week was forever and four months ----- I’ll be old by then!!!!

Enjoy it, stuff like this doesn’t come along that often in life.

White Horses (Mike)

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I got your reply notice while I was on Yamaha's website observing the same spec sheet! You are clearly correct on all counts.... Will spring EVER get here????

THanks for the enthusiasm! What's your rig?