feeding wire from stern to fuse panel (272 sailfish)

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I need to run a wire from stern bilge area to just under steering wheel area. Anyone have any idea how to do this or how easy it is. Assume there is a pipe to feed through but just don't know how to start the process. David

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
there are rigging tubes. your manual will probably have the schematics. if you don't have a manual, go to the gw site under customer resources and download the manual for your year/model. ron

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Open the starboard wall panel in the lower berth, you will see the tubes there. Then look up, there is an opening to get thru the bridge floor.

That's how is on my 92 Sailfish.

freddy063

Reaction score
I would use a plastic snake, some strings when pulled across items act like a saw and cut into things that later could allow troubles . there are many tube both sides that you can fit lots of wires in, I ran two 2/0 wire when I install my inverter.

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The stbd tube should have your livewell hose and is a pain to run anyting else with it, the port tube is relatively empty. Another way is to run it under the gunwales (there's tubes there as well).

Korona

Reaction score
I use a 10' length 1/4" pvc tube. Stiff enough to push through, flexible enough to go around the curves. Works great.

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Thanks everyone. After many failed attempts, using a 0' length of 1/4" pvc tube proved to work the great. Thanks for the tip. The tubes are big but tough to snake wire through.

I installed a bilge alarm and it worked great!

Thanks,
David