Fighting chair in the cockpit of a 33 grady Express

Sundancejoel

Reaction score
I'd like to hear from any owners of the 33 Grady Express that have installed a fighting chair in the cockpit. I'm worried that there may not be enough room to work around the cockpit during a good tuna bite. If I'm on an overnight chunking trip and we've got a steady pick of tuna I don't know if the chair would impede progress.

Please help me out!

Joel

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I have seen pix of fixed mounts and also removable with a flish deck gimbal. There are also some smaller models which would suit the 11-7
beam. Finally, there are folding, heavy chairs with rob gimbals as an option. good luck and nice boat!

melkat

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Sundance, I weighed heavy on a chair or at least a rocket launcher. I opted for not. I think it would be too crowded. We have some good harnesses and stand-up is where it is at 99 % of the time .

blackdiamond296

Reaction score
I'd have to agree that the 33 is really not meant for a chair. It not so much the beam that would be the issue, I don't think you'd be able to walk aft of it with the foot rest sticking out. And to echo what melkat said- stand up and fight! :wink:

Sundancejoel

Reaction score
Thanks for your input. I've had three back operations, however, I've still managed to fight all my fish standup, with a back brace, a kidney harness,
and a gimble belt, except for a large sword that hugged the bottom after fighting it for an hour and a half. Then my back gave out and I had to pass the rod. I don't intend to have to do that again.

Joel

fmasse

Reaction score
Joel,

Have you considered a gimbel launcher ? I have a 33 express on order and opted to go this route. I believe the chair will just take up too much space. The gimbel Launcher would allow you to use it 90% as a rocker launcher but when you get that big fish on, you can use it like a fighting chair.

Frank

tony-sally

Reaction score
Sundancejoel said:
I'd like to hear from any owners of the 33 Grady Express that have installed a fighting chair in the cockpit. I'm worried that there may not be enough room to work around the cockpit during a good tuna bite. If I'm on an overnight chunking trip and we've got a steady pick of tuna I don't know if the chair would impede progress.

Please help me out!

Joel
check out the adjustable gimbell launcher on my 33 I over night all the time
no problem last I had a 250 on. big eye boat- name
sally ann in photo section I st page haft down pm me if you like fourm name tony- sally

TONY

Eberen

Reaction score
Fighting Chair

I had a Pompanette 80lb. class chair with rocket launcher in the cockpit of my ex-2006 330 and it worked perfectly for trolling, different story for 5 guys chunking.