Finally a Grady White owner and finally got her back home safely...

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
On Friday I put the boat in the water intending to do some fishing. The weather wasn’t exactly cooperative in that it was windy, raining and probably 4-5’ swells. The boat handled great and did everything she needed to, everything worked and didn’t have any issues at all. Here are a couple of pictures… kind of hard to tell by them but it was pretty windy and with decent swells.
5F85A6BF-286B-4FC2-8175-CF77BF4EEF1D.jpeg1B925BBF-1263-4E8D-8FA7-8189F1C303A7.jpeg

Reactions: Ryhlick and JJMag

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
If you anchor a lot. There is a pulpit on EBay for 20” Adventure that may fit your. https://www.ebay.com/itm/274980745462
If I wasn't hemorrhaging money on the boat recently, then I'd likely be a lot more serious about the bow pulpit as I would love to add one to my boat and think they look so much better with one as opposed to without. That being said, the $1400 for the bow pulpit can be used for new GPS/Radar and other things that I'll use much more often.

Reactions: vocz and JJMag

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I took my boat in yesterday to Jacobsen's Marine in Edmonds, my local Grady White dealer, to have her winterized for the year. When I dropped off the boat, I asked a couple of questions about what all they do for the winterization of the boat. The service tech explained that they check over the motor in terms of fluids, sensors, thermostats and so forth as well as a basic winterization of the boat itself. Being that I just purchased the boat a couple of weeks ago and didn't have the time to have a surveyor come out and inspect it, I asked what it would cost to have the lower unit dropped and inspected for the dry exhaust corrosion while they had the boat. They said it would take less than an hour to drop the lower unit, inspect it to see what kind of condition the exhaust was in and if it was having the dry exhaust corrosion issues that a lot of early 2000's 4 stroke Yamaha's are known to have.

Jacobsen's called me back today saying that the motor looked to be in "perfect shape" after removing the lower unit as well as inspection and that there weren't any signs of the dry exhaust corrosion issues, or anything else needed. Tri State in Maryland is the the dealership I bought the boat from and they told me that they put a used motor on the boat when I bought it from them and that their mechanic bore scoped the motor as well as going through the entire motor without any issues found. It's nice that a dealer is honest and forthright and that they actually did what they said they did, as I had no way at the time to prove if they actually did what they claimed. I'm very happy with the overall purchase of the boat/motor/trailer package and that it all checked out when I had the boat in locally for routine maintenance, even if it cost a couple hundred dollars more. It's definitely much better peace of mind knowing that I got a boat in the condition as advertised by the dealership. Now I just can't wait until next summer to use the boat as much as possible and finally go fishing again, after a season of being without a boat.

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Mustang, Have you considered using the boat during some of our fine winter days? I am not that far north of you on Vancouver Island and we prawn and chase Winter Springs during the colder moths. Good heater and flat water make it a great day out there.

igblack87

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 222
I took my boat in yesterday to Jacobsen's Marine in Edmonds, my local Grady White dealer, to have her winterized for the year. When I dropped off the boat, I asked a couple of questions about what all they do for the winterization of the boat. The service tech explained that they check over the motor in terms of fluids, sensors, thermostats and so forth as well as a basic winterization of the boat itself. Being that I just purchased the boat a couple of weeks ago and didn't have the time to have a surveyor come out and inspect it, I asked what it would cost to have the lower unit dropped and inspected for the dry exhaust corrosion while they had the boat. They said it would take less than an hour to drop the lower unit, inspect it to see what kind of condition the exhaust was in and if it was having the dry exhaust corrosion issues that a lot of early 2000's 4 stroke Yamaha's are known to have.

Jacobsen's called me back today saying that the motor looked to be in "perfect shape" after removing the lower unit as well as inspection and that there weren't any signs of the dry exhaust corrosion issues, or anything else needed. Tri State in Maryland is the the dealership I bought the boat from and they told me that they put a used motor on the boat when I bought it from them and that their mechanic bore scoped the motor as well as going through the entire motor without any issues found. It's nice that a dealer is honest and forthright and that they actually did what they said they did, as I had no way at the time to prove if they actually did what they claimed. I'm very happy with the overall purchase of the boat/motor/trailer package and that it all checked out when I had the boat in locally for routine maintenance, even if it cost a couple hundred dollars more. It's definitely much better peace of mind knowing that I got a boat in the condition as advertised by the dealership. Now I just can't wait until next summer to use the boat as much as possible and finally go fishing again, after a season of being without a boat.
The boat I purchased was from MD/VA and it was maintained at Tri-State. They gave me all the info on the 2006 F250 they had from their service records. I view them and my current Grady Dealer to be pretty reputable and honest people. I appreciate that in life.

Reactions: Mustang65fbk

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Mustang, Have you considered using the boat during some of our fine winter days? I am not that far north of you on Vancouver Island and we prawn and chase Winter Springs during the colder moths. Good heater and flat water make it a great day out there.
I’ve done some shrimping down here in May as well as halibut and even some winter blackmouth fishing in March or earlier than that. My issue with those is that, obviously while nothing in life is a guarantee, it’s much more difficult fishing. At least down here. Winter blackmouth and halibut I’ve had very little luck while fishing for and shrimping we usually get a whole whopping one day to get your limits. Between that and the weather typically being 50/50 at best, I usually wait until the summer when salmon fishing and crabbing heats up and is more of a “sure thing”, or at least I have better luck and weather with. I’ve definitely done/thought about doing that again, yet it seems like it’s not worth the hassle to do so.