Finally got my Grady

Fowl Hooked

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
After years of searching and waiting to find the right boat, opportunity finally knocked and yesterday I brought home a 2005 265 Express. Maiden voyage was a run of about 50 miles down the Chesapeake Bay in rain, wind and 1-2 confused chop. Ran consistently at 28-30 mph and the boat was everything I'd been led to believe. Back out with the Admiral today for the official nod of approval (little after the fact as the papers were already signed and the check already deposited but formalities must be observed).

I'd like to thank Tim for taking such great care of the boat while he had her, for making all the upgrades that were made and for deciding to move up to something bigger, thus putting this boat on the market at the perfect time for me. I'd also like to thank all the contributors on the forum, felt like I knew a lot about this boat before ever stepping aboard, which is making the learning curve a lot less steep.

Brett

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Congratulations on the 'new' Grady, and may she always bring you home safely, with full fish boxes..

Brian

mronzo

Reaction score
You are going to be so happy!
I've had a '00 265 since '03 and I
think it's the best 26' cabin boat out there!
I like the '03-'05 models with the seat backs, a feature I wish
mine had.
Good Luck and enjoy!

Daman858

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
As a former resident of Maryland, I can truly say that you live on one of the most beautiful bodies of water in the US. I sincerely hope that you have many years of enjoyment with your boat on those waters, St. Jerome's Creek being my favorite bay tributary.

fishingFINattic

Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase!

I too own a 265 and love the boat! Feel free to ask any questions you may have!

Tim

cobrapowersys

Reaction score
Congratulations. Enjoy the excitement of your new vessel! I'm sure she's a beauty. Safe travels

CWOT

Reaction score
Fowl Hooked said:
After years of searching and waiting to find the right boat, opportunity finally knocked and yesterday I brought home a 2005 265 Express. Maiden voyage was a run of about 50 miles down the Chesapeake Bay in rain, wind and 1-2 confused chop. Ran consistently at 28-30 mph and the boat was everything I'd been led to believe. Back out with the Admiral today for the official nod of approval (little after the fact as the papers were already signed and the check already deposited but formalities must be observed).

I'd like to thank Tim for taking such great care of the boat while he had her, for making all the upgrades that were made and for deciding to move up to something bigger, thus putting this boat on the market at the perfect time for me. I'd also like to thank all the contributors on the forum, felt like I knew a lot about this boat before ever stepping aboard, which is making the learning curve a lot less steep.

Brett
Just curious, did you buy from a dealer or a private sale?

Mjdap

Reaction score
Congratulations, I too just took ownership of a new to me Grady, but it is a 2004 Grady White 282, with 300 hours.

I looked hard at the 265 Express, and looked at a 2005 on Long Island several weeks ago. Beautiful boat. After reading so many positive comments and spoken at lenght ot a 265 owner, the reviews for the 265 are great. I rode one and it was as adveritized.

The 265 I looked at only had 120 hours and was showroom condition, just beautiful, but slightly over my budget, or I would have snapped at it. Having spoken to several dealers, they confirmed that it is a highly sought after hull.

Fowl Hooked

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Dave, I live in St. Inigoes just up the road from Ridge and am presently keeping her berthed at Drury's Marina there in St. Jerome's creek. That channel is a little tight but the location is great and really convenient, may well get a full time slip while they have them available.

Actually trying to decide if I want to leave the boat in the water or keep her on the trailer over the next month while I finish up this tour in Tampa. I'll be back in town around the 14th of May but am hesitant to let her sit still for that long, hull is painted but I don't know what kind of beard may grow from just sitting in the water and not getting run for 4-5 weeks. The Admiral got some stick time yesterday but we're a long ways from her handling it in anything but wide open spaces.

CWOT, it was a bit of a mix. Sale went through a dealer but I found the boat before it was listed and we worked out all the details of the agreement independently. Worked out great and with no hassle. Dealer was very helpful when the time came for him to do his part though.

Day three on the water with her and it just keeps getting better. Close quarters handling with the twins is fantastic, never had this capability before and I really like it. Cruising at 26 mph today running around 1.6 to 1.7 mpg. Only real regret is I took all my trolling gear south with me last year and can't get any C&R in before I head back there on Tuesday but I'll be back for good soon and am really looking forward to putting some lines in the water.

Brett

Bob Meola

Reaction score
Good Luck. I also own a 2005 express whcih I bought new. It is a great vessel expecially for fishing.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Congrats on your boat... I like the 265...GW needs to bring back this boat or the Islander....