Finally got my new wiper motor, but...

Ridge Runner

Reaction score
...I lost my photos of how the old ones were wired up due to a phone crash! I took the motors out and taped the wiring up 2 years ago, and had no memory of which wires connected to which posts...

The first photo is the port side wires, 2nd photo is the new motor for the port side. The top tab is park, bottom left is low, bottom right is high. I couldn't remember why there were 3 wires, the old motor only had 2 tabs and slow speed. Then it dawned on me, "It's not a car dummy, ground wires!"

20200602_185945.jpg20200602_192951.jpg
So, I hunted up a connector tab and grounded it to the wiper body. Orange turned out to be always hot, so park. Orange Green turned out to be hot with the switch, so hooked it up to low speed.

On the starboard side, I have more wires because they feed the port side. I fixed the old motor, so it is being re-used, but same problem. Wires have been off for 2 years... Photo 3 is starboard wires, photo 4 is old starboard motor.
20200602_185955.jpg20200602_193637.jpg

The difference here is that the old motors only had two tabs, and after I put power to it I found that the top tab was for power and got the Orange Green wire, park is the bottom tab and got the Orange wires. This is backwards from the new motor, or the new motor is backwards, I don't know...

Don't worry, all new crimp/shrink wrap connectors were used. Water incursion killed the port one.

The helm switch is a 3-way, runs starboard, or both, or park, and is still in good shape.

The biggest reason for writing this up is to publish the PN of the motor I used, as GW Dealer was no help with cross referencing, and everything I saw from about 10 years ago led me to Deisal, who apparently no longer makes them.

So, if you need a wiper motor, try Wexco 4R2.12.R110D. I had to switch it to 85° sweep and right hand park, but it was easy and only $99 on Amazon.

Attachments

• 20200602_193606.jpg
    20200602_193606.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 5
Reactions: Halfhitch