Finally got the 3d printer going

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
So, finally got my printer working. While I am doing a beta fish for my daughter and an "Among Us" figure for my son.. lol. I am going to do some wahoo lures next. While testing those.. I plan to research scanning my boat with my drone. Now, may take a bit.. but, if I get it working.. I may be able to make small models of the boat. If it works out (it will take time guys).. I can post how to get photos of your boats and then you could email or upload those and we could make models of our boats.

Just having fun here, not a business.. so will take time to work out the kinks.. but would anyone be interested?

Only cost would be the materials to print it...and since I would do mine first, could figure what that is.. but not more than 20-50 bucks worth of filament.. heh.

Will keep you posted if it works out....right now.. 3.5 hours of beta fish printing lol

Reactions: igblack87

Don Davis

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Sounds like an awesome idea I’m in! I’m a Remote Sensing geek , it’s actually my role with work so I deal with a lot of 3D terrain and forest canopy data at work. We have drones and a bunch of LiDAR data but it would be cool to create a 3D model of my Seafarer. We just don’t have a LiDAR sensor on a drone yet. Will be following your work, thanks.

Reactions: RussGW270

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
lol.. thanks.. right now working on octoprint trying to get the dumb bed to level right... once that is done, going to download a grady 3d model.. i think it is a Freedom.. see how it comes out

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I was getting a bit irritated last week trying to find a wedge shim for my antenna so it could be mounted vertical instead of having the outward lean. The Shakespeare shims are just too soft and squish out which over time will allow leaking and rot out my core.
I started researching for a 3D printer, I could make my own wedges. However, I see after several Youtube videos, it is not a simple thing to do and lots of costs, even though sounds like it can be quite fun and make cool stuff. Didn't think of making a 25' Grady Sailfish! That would be awesome!

So I ended up throwing a thin piece of starboard I have laying around on the bench sander and made one, a bit crude, but it worked perfectly......So good for now, but intrigued what you end up doing with your printer options......

Reactions: RussGW270