Finally I'm a Grady owner!

ghcpa9

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
After a long search, my wife and I got a 1997 Grady White 208 adventure!! We are so excited! After years of wanting a Grady White we have one :D When I say years, I mean since I was a little kid and my father would tell me that they were the best fishing boats on earth. Dad's excited too!!

I found most of my information here on Great Grady, so thanks to all for some really great info!! Woohoo! (please excuse my childish giddyness)

1863859_1.jpg

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Congratulations on a great looking boat. We had a 208 for ten years. I hope you enjoy yours as much as we did!

Rob

jekyl

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
never apologise for your enthusiasm and passion, heaven knows, the world could use more of it.....
If you don't dream, then they can't come true.
Great choice and this is a great club. cheers from OZ

KingJ

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
WOW Again! Nice boat! I bet she really moves with that 175.

My wife and I had a similar long search, and just love our 208.

“The best way to maintain a boat is to use it.” (And to cover it when not in use!)

Cheers!

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
You always remember your first one :wink: Welcome to owning a Grady White. She is a nice boat you found and you should have many wonderful days on the water with her. :D I like your passion too about buying a Grady.

VeroWing

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Congratulations!. Looks like its in nice shape from the pics. Are you boating in the Sound, or the south shore?

seabum

Reaction score
Congratulations on the 208!!! I have the same boat and love it, Ive fish 45 miles off the beach to all over the bay in OC Maryland. It has treated me realy well. How many hours on your motor? I have the same motor and was thinking about repower this year, but not sure. Or some thing newer.Good luck

ghcpa9

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
VeroWing said:
Congratulations!. Looks like its in nice shape from the pics. Are you boating in the Sound, or the south shore?

The sound, the marina is on the north shore a few minutes from my house so I plan to go boating frequently, or at least thats the plan lol

seabum said:
How many hours on your motor?

About four hundred. Hopefully at least another four hundred more!

jekyl

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I had the same model motor on a 6 mtre yamaha hull and when I sold it she had 800 hours and I would have driven it around (the outside) Australia she was such a reliable engine.

VeroWing

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
ghcpa9 said:
VeroWing said:

The sound, the marina is on the north shore a few minutes from my house so I plan to go boating frequently, or at least thats the plan lol

seabum said:
How many hours on your motor?

About four hundred. Hopefully at least another four hundred more!

We boated out of Mamaroneck Harbor for years. Out of all the places we've boated, both my wife and I agree that the Long Island Sound was by far the best. Great fishing, cruising, restaurants, etc.. Plus you can usually hide in one of the many harbors when it starts blowing.

ovidgsd

Reaction score
:mrgreen: .......green with envy ;) - nice boat and congrats! :mrgreen:

loaferoatan

Reaction score
my 209

I bought a 1997 209 a year ago.Same Hull I believe and my also came with the 175. The boat was immaculate and only had 350 hours on it.

I've put 550 hours on it in a year and have nothing but great praise for her! We fish, use it for family outtings, we fish some more and did I mention fish?

Perfect boat and it won't be my last Grady. Until you own one, you never understand what all the hype is about, but after owning one, I would never buy another manufacturer's boat
AE
Roatan, Honduras

GW VOYAGER

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Great looking boat!
I too became a new older grady owner this year and I know how thrilled you must be and many more happy days are to come. The real fun part is setting up the boat to fit you.
Happy boating and welcome to the site.

JUMPNJACK

Reaction score
Love my Grady!

I too love my Grady! My 254 was a New York City girl! Used to be named the "SEVENSHES". Any one up that way remember her? She is now the pride and joy of a "Florida Boy"! Congratulations and welcome to the wonderful world of Gradys!

mronzo

Reaction score
You got the GRADY! Way to GO!
When you decide to upgrade your add WILL get phone calls!
Tight Lines!
Ron

hotajax

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Congratulations

You don't have to apologize for being giddy. All of us have been there, and I know I still am. I hope you extract many years of pleasure.