First Pelagic Blood on "C-TIME"

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Last month we made our first run offshore with "C-TIME". A day that was successful, beautiful, and lots of fun - but no fish.

Yesterday we made our second offshore run. Same crew as first trip - me, Cathy, Mark and Chuck - plus our friend Jim. Left LCrk at 0445, headed to the tip of the 22-Fathom Finger. Put lines in just a mile or so short of there about 0800, then trolled NE up the 22F. Trolled east from there, and it was quiet until 1025 - then a double. Chuck gets a nice YFT on the port flatline spreader bar, and Cathy gets one a little bigger on the stbd flat line. FIRST BLOOD on the deck.

Within five minutes another line goes down and Cathy is on it (she is AKA "rod hog"). It's a small gaffer dolphin.

We continued to work the 30F area east of the Fingers and about 1130 Chuck spots a big wood plank. I turn and troll right past it - thought the WWWFB was going to snag it. BANG, and we are hooked up again, with Jim getting his turn in our Garelick (folding) chair. He gets a very nice gaffer, which we weigh at just about 25#.

Worked that area for a while, then headed back east into the 22F and 21F area. Picked up a small chicken dolphin, and called it a day at 1415. Back inside Cape Henry at 1640, then to Cove Marina for fuel and fish cleaning. Back in our slip, then boat and gear cleanup.

Want to thank my favorite fishing partner - Cathy - for hanging in there with a few aches and pains, and thank the rest of the crew - Chuck, Jim and Mark - for the great work and friendliness onboard, and the super job of cleaning up back at the docks.

Here are some pictures of the day.

Cathy and Chuck rigging:

Cathy&Chuck%20Rigging.jpg

First gaffer:

Gaffer%201.jpg

Jim & Mark on the Stbd long:

Jim&Mark.jpg

Jim's big gaffer:

Jim%20Mahi%201.jpg

Jim-Mahi.jpg

Back at Cove Marina:

Chuck-Tuna.jpg

Cathy-Tuna.jpg

Flags flying:
Flags@LCRK.jpg

Brian

Average Joe

Reaction score
Way to go Brian. Looks like several TFers have been bitten by the offshore bug lately and are pretty good at it.8)