First splash of the season this weekend. Anyone else?

GWcpa

Reaction score
I'm am waayyy late this year for the first trip in the boat. Between Little League, tax season and rain every weekend I have not had my boat out yet.

I've got a full tank of fuel (I hope, unless someone has siphoned it) and have got all of the maintenance and some upgrades done.

Have 3 families coming to visit for the weekend at our house with 2 more boats.

Anyone else getting out for the MD weekend for the first time this year? I don't care about the gas prices, I just want to get use out of the investment in the boat. I expect the water will be crowded this weekend and then light crowds will be the norm until the 4th of July.

If anyone else is on the Rappahanock in VA, give me a call on 68. 8)

Daman858

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Leaving for our vacation home in SC. My Adventure has a full tank of $2.81 gas waiting for me. I'll use it up and then decide what to do. I have a little savings account just for boat gas so I should be OK. Been very cold and rainy in Maryland....reaction to the governor and his huge tax gab recently.

GWcpa

Reaction score
I'm hoping to get to the ramp this afternoon around 4 with any luck. Just have to get out of the office and hoping for light traffic and cheap gas. :lol:

Fishtales

Reaction score
Me too.... Now I need to dig up the booty to pay for the gas....

striped bass

Reaction score
Splash down was on Tuesday. PLENTY of wind in Fishers Island Sound 25 to 45 mph. All went well with the Grady. Pic attached if the download works.
IMG_0421.JPG
[/img]

Gary M

Reaction score
I've got Bahamas Trip # 1 set up for this coming Thursday. It took just $853 to top off the tanks! YIKES! :shock:

Gas over in Bimini is $5.85 right now, but I hope to be able to run over (65 nm), fish for a few days and come home without needing any fuel there. Thank goodness for the Marlin's 306 gallons of fuel!

I'm glad that everyone's getting out!

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Didn't splash the Grady yet, (that should be by mid-week), but got the 'toon in today for the grandkids.
They have more fun on a pontoon boat in the bay and backwaters than on the Grady going offshore.

Have a safe and enjoyable weekend, everyone! :D

Brad1

Reaction score
My first day on the water is always the first Saturday of May. This year was no different. But due to the weather the past couple weekends, I haven't been out since. Heading up to Erie tomorrow though. I know what you mean about little league. Between my two Sons, I have games almost every night of the week (weekends too). Goes from spring in-house to summer traveling tournament, to football, wrestling, basketball. Times two kids.