Fischer Panda 4200 won't start

mattttt25

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 335
2013 Fischer Panda 4200. Was running fine this season. Over the weekend, I started it and put a load on it. 30 seconds later, it stopped. No alarms on the control panel. Would not restart.

- No alarms.
- Has fuel and coolant.
- When energized at control panel, clicking occurs at engine (it always did this, I believe it is the fuel pump priming).
- When start button is pushed, it sounds like the starter is spinning, but the engine does not crank.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
Make sure,sure, sure your battery that starts the genny is up to spec, a weak battery will do as you explain.

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
All a diesel needs is fuel and air and a good spin to start. If it shut down on it's own, look to the fuel shutoff valve and check corrosion on the electrical connection to the valve. When you shut it down or it shuts down on an alarm, the valve simply closes. It is powered open, so if it loses power for any reason, the fuel stops. If the starter spins, but doesn't engage the flywheel, it probably corroded at the bendix and needs some lubrication. The clicking is typically the fuel pump sound, which is normal. There is also a starter relay that can be a problem, but the starter would not spin if that relay was bad. A good hot battery is critical to starting a diesel as Heartly mentioned. Fuel is likely the issue, filter or electrical shutoff valve/relay most common. One additional unlikely cause: There is at least one fault that causes an auto shutdown that will not show as a fault on the panel. I seem to remember that a generator (not engine) overheat will cause an auto shutdown and show no panel indications.

Last edited: