Fischer Panda cooling maintenance?

daneagle2809

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I have never had to do anything related to to the closed fresh water cooling loop on my 2016 Fischer Panda 4K. There doesn't seem to be any recommendations around flushing the closed loop altho there is a reference to flushing the raw water loop as part of winterization but I live in south florida so that doesn't apply to me . It doesn't leak an coolant and thus I'm thinking the anti-corrosive additives are still present and working , altho I notice my expansion tank could use a couple inches added to get it to the specified fill-to mark. So Should I be flushing this system or not needed? And what coolant does this system use? The OEM coolant looks real dark green/blue. Can I add other green ethylene gylcol coolant or just a couple inches to water to get it up to its mark and move on? Thanks!

JoleGW33

Reaction score
Interested, I have not performed any maintenance (coolant) related to my FP 4K Gen since new.. more than 5 years.

Based on the installation manual it uses GLYSANTIN ® PROTECT PLUS / G48..

Nevertheless, based on your location, you can add distilled water to your reservoir tank to top it off.

Reactions: Angler Management

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Me neither. I think I tried to find the coolant once and couldn’t. It’s like my German car, requires special type of coolant. I’ll send FP support a email and see what they say.

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
So according to FIsher Panda service manager, you can change the coolant (50/50 mixture rated for Aluminum) but you’ll probably only get a small amount out and it’s difficult to get to the drain. I don’t think the juice is worth the squeeze unless you’re having issues as there isn’t much coolant in the generator.

To replace some coolant should you need to would be to remove the coolant expansion bottle and put it very low and loosen the cap and large nut on the heat exchanger. If anyone does this, let me know how it works out. Take photos if you can.

Reactions: Meanwhile