Fischer Panda impeller change

Old Whitehead

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
I have a 2007 305 with the FP4200 generator. Has anyone tried to replace the impeller? Do you have to remove generator to perform this simple maintence? I called Grady for info but they have chosen not to respond.

Meanwhile

Reaction score
What I did when I bought my used boat was to unseal the rear floor section and remove. Had to change the fuel filters anyway. I used a 12" wide board to slide my fat self in as far as I could to reach the rear of the genset. One handed I undid the wingnuts, and remove the cover and the impeller. Then using the lube they send you, put the new impeller in. Saying that is far easier than doing it. You have to mush one side of the impeller while installing it. Then replace the cover and wingnuts. I dropped wingnuts so have extra stainless wingnuts on hand.

I'm 65 now and would not do that, EVER. I swore I'd have a shop do it next time.

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Using special studs that have Allen wrench inserts in the end make it easier. Let’s you insert a thin Allen wrench into the end of the stud, slip the wing nut over the end and that holds the wing nut as you thread it onto the stud. There are other earlier posts that have pics. Search “water pump change on Fischer panda generator “

Old Whitehead

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
What I did when I bought my used boat was to unseal the rear floor section and remove. Had to change the fuel filters anyway. I used a 12" wide board to slide my fat self in as far as I could to reach the rear of the genset. One handed I undid the wingnuts, and remove the cover and the impeller. Then using the lube they send you, put the new impeller in. Saying that is far easier than doing it. You have to mush one side of the impeller while installing it. Then replace the cover and wingnuts. I dropped wingnuts so have extra stainless wingnuts on hand.

I'm 65 now and would not do that, EVER. I swore I'd have a shop do it next time.
I am with you on having someone else do it. I too am not a delicate creature at 240 lbs and 69 years of age. I hired someone to change two batteries in my 305 express. It was well worth the $30 . each they charged. The guy before me paid $300 just to install two batteries. I was hoping for a trick to change the impeller, but, it seems it will get ugly. One guy told me he removed the generator in order to get at it. It seems like a whole lot of wires would have to be disconnected to do it that way. I am hoping I run across a tiny boat mechanic who can just squeeze in like the guy who changed my batteries or maybe I could persuade you since you have already mastered it!