Fisherman 180 Height on Trailer

CT - Grady Guy

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 180
Hi all - new here and soon taking possession of a Fisherman 180 - super excited! Was wondering if anyone knew the height of the boat on a trailer from ground up to the top of the windshield grab rail (or the top of a folded down bimini cover - whichever is highest). Just trying to determine if I will need to lift / tweak the carport I plan to park it under. The height might be an issue.

Thanks in advanced!

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
The specs for the boat (on GW's site if you don't yet have the manual) will provide some info. Sometimes they give total height of the boat... sometimes you add something like "draft" and "bridge clearance". But you generally won't find height on a trailer because it depends on what trailer is underneath it. This also means that someone else's measurements may not be accurate for your setup. Best bet... measure the one you're getting (or ask your selling dealer for the measurement). But don't accept any measurement as 100% correct until you check it yourself!

VERY generally speaking, you can add somewhere around 2' to the boat height for the trailer part of it.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The trailer will have a lot to do with overall height. If it's on a roller trailer, it will sit higher than a bunk trailer.

Greatty

Reaction score
Mine sits on roller trailer and roughly 10ft (give or take a few inches) at center console windshield bar.

CT - Grady Guy

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 180
Super helpful - thanks guys! Regarding the 10 feet quoted above, do you have a bimini top on yours? Wondering if the folded down bimini top would stand higher than the windshield bar. My local dealer says it can lay flat but all the pictures I've seen show the bimini standing several feet higher than the windshield even when folded.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Super helpful - thanks guys! Regarding the 10 feet quoted above, do you have a bimini top on yours? Wondering if the folded down bimini top would stand higher than the windshield bar. My local dealer says it can lay flat but all the pictures I've seen show the bimini standing several feet higher than the windshield even when folded.
Bimini's can always be put down. For pictures, it always looks better up.

What did you find out for the specs on GW's site? Or did you ask your dealer for the measurement of your particular setup?

CT - Grady Guy

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 180
On the website I got bridge clearance + draft = 82 inches or just shy of 7 feet. With a bunk trailer I'm thinking 11 feet of clearance should do it. Now to find a carport or storage solution with those height dimensions... length and width is easy enough...

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
On the website I got bridge clearance + draft = 82 inches or just shy of 7 feet. With a bunk trailer I'm thinking 11 feet of clearance should do it. Now to find a carport or storage solution with those height dimensions... length and width is easy enough...
You're only going to add about 2' (give or take) for the increase in height on a trailer.

Bridge clearance typically refers to the highest part of the boat that can't easily be lowered (like a bimini). So I'm guessing your specs say "about" 5' of bridge clearance? That sounds about right since the rail that goes over the CC wouldn't be any higher than that.

When you were in the boat, does that sound about right? That the top of the rail is roughly 5-ish feet off the floor? The floor would only be a few inches higher than the waterline.

Your bimini is likely about 6-ish feet off the floor.

CT - Grady Guy

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 180
You're only going to add about 2' (give or take) for the increase in height on a trailer.

Bridge clearance typically refers to the highest part of the boat that can't easily be lowered (like a bimini). So I'm guessing your specs say "about" 5' of bridge clearance? That sounds about right since the rail that goes over the CC wouldn't be any higher than that.

When you were in the boat, does that sound about right? That the top of the rail is roughly 5-ish feet off the floor? The floor would only be a few inches higher than the waterline.

Your bimini is likely about 6-ish feet off the floor.
Yes - bridge clearance of 5 foot 7 inches (per Grady Website) to the top of the hand rail over the windshield. Plus another 15 inches draft comes out to just shy of 7 feet before we factor in the trailer.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Yes - bridge clearance of 5 foot 7 inches (per Grady Website) to the top of the hand rail over the windshield. Plus another 15 inches draft comes out to just shy of 7 feet before we factor in the trailer.
Now... think like a real boater... you're next boat might be bigger so get a bigger door now rather than later :)

Reactions: Byram