Fisherman 222 Upper Station

Manteo’er

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 222
I am looking to put an upper station on an ‘06 Fisherman 222. I have been looking around for ideas but have not been able to find any GW CC’s with an upper station.

Was wondering if anyone had ideas as to why this is and/or pros cons to different upper station set ups.

Best,
Allen

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Do you have stock Grady top on there now or none at all?
I don't think the Grady tops lend themselves to adding an upper station. They usually have a hump for the electronics box. Also, you have no way of extending the frame upwards.
If you have nothing now, no reason why you can't have one made. I would keep it light because you only have a 22 footer.
A new top and a second control station is going to co$t you a bundle and add a lot of weight up high.
I have seen small boats with an "observation" post that safely holds a person up top to spot fish.
if you had autopilot, you could conceivably use a controller or gps display to steer from there.

Last edited:

Manteo’er

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 222
I currently have a factory t-top with canavas top.

I will using it for sight casting Cobia, so I do not necessarily need controls. I have thought of just adding a hard top with some rails as an observation tower.

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I think with a boat that small, you would be wise to just add a belly bar up there and make do. excess weight and wind resistance up that high will make the boat a dog.

Manteo’er

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 222
Does anyone have any photos of a 222 with an upper control, or leaning bar?

Wannderer

Reaction score
Go to Kelly welding in wanchese. He does them all the time. Hell add a ladder from leaning post to back of t top. Get rid of the canvas and screw a thick piece of starboard then the tower is welded on top

Wannderer

Reaction score
I used to own a 222 for 7 years. Would work out nicely

Manteo’er

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 222
Thank you Wanderer, I didn’t even think of Kelly. I’ll give him a call