Fisherman 236 - No “low cooling water pressure” readout

Kennethmyhre

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 222
Just purchased a 2019 Fisherman 236 and I get a blank readout on my “low cooling water pressure” gauge. Anyone have a thought?

Reactions: Paul_A

seasick

Reaction score
Not enough info. Model motor for one and then a better explanation of what gauge you are looking at. ( what gauges you have in general).
I am not aware of a low cooling water gauge, perhaps what you mean is a message that you have low water pressure.

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
On most Yamaha motors the water pressure sensor is an option, not standard. My guess is you do not have the sensor, but you can buy the kit and install it for about $100. I don't have one on my F250s or F150 so I too don't get water pressure.

Doc Stressor

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
There is really no use for a water pressure sensor on an offshore boat except if you have a jack plate. As stated, they are an option and unless you order a Yamaha with one, you won't have one installed.

They are for flats boats and some bay boats that use jack plates to raise the engine as high as possible when running in skinny water. They give you a warning when you are running too high before the overheat alarm goes off.

seasick

Reaction score
I did a little reading and I see that message is an alarm on the CL-7 digital display. It means exactly what it says, the water pressure is low. I would think that the system knows a low reading from a no sensor condition. The alarm should not be ignored without finding out if the alarm is bogus or that there is a cooling issue. I will see if I can dig up any specifics.

seasick

Reaction score
That boat is configured with a F300 motor. The F300 motor has a water pressure sensor. You probably need to have a mechanic look at it. The boat should be under waranty I think.

Kennethmyhre

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 222
That boat is configured with a F300 motor. The F300 motor has a water pressure sensor. You probably need to have a mechanic look at it. The boat should be under waranty I think.
Thank you for the quick response. Headed to the shop tomorrow for 20 hour service. Hope it’s a simple fix!

Doc Stressor

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
They don't all come with water pressure sensors. I helped a guy put one into a 2019 F300 back in February. It had a bolt that needed to be removed and replaced with the sensor.

seasick

Reaction score
Doc.
That may be the case, I don't know but if it didn't have a sensor, I don't think I would expect that alarm indication. I looked over the manual for the CL7 but didn't see any place where you could configure or not configure a water pressure sensor.
I guess we will learn soon.
Be well

Kennethmyhre

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 222
In for service tomorrow. I’ll post what I learn from the Yamaha tech.

Kennethmyhre

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 222
Didn’t get much of an answer ... Tech said, “Sometimes the sensor wire gets a kink and can’t send pressure reading.” Really? That’s OK on flagship product? Wow.

seasick

Reaction score
Didn’t get much of an answer ... Tech said, “Sometimes the sensor wire gets a kink and can’t send pressure reading.” Really? That’s OK on flagship product? Wow.
It wouldn't be a wire that gets a kink. It might be a hose but I don't remember if the sensor screws right into the power head or connects with a hose. Regardless, if the alarm is still there, I wouldn't accept their explanation. Push the issue if you have to.

seasick

Reaction score