Fisherman 236 water under center console.

allisbob

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 236
Hi, I have a 2018 Fisherman 236 (which I love). I get water, about a two quarts in the compartment under the center console. Even when I don't put any water in the anchor compartment. I know that all water from the anchor compartment drains through the hull and ends up at the beige. I was wonder what the source of the water is? Any ideas. Thanks! Bob

igblack87

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 222
Can you share some pictures. That might help us help you out! When you say under the console...do you mean in the console...or the compartment that has the fuel tank in it...or?!

Thanks.

allisbob

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 236
Thanks for your reply. It's not the area where the fuel take is, it is the area under the head compartment. There is a small hatch on the floor inside the center console (see attached) , the compartment is empty except for the seacock for the head and the head 'plumbing'. This center compartment drains back to the beige. The only area on the boat the drains onto this compartment is the anchor compartment. I check the head plumbing and the seacock and they are not leaking. Here's a photo of the compartment.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 7.54.21 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 7.54.21 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 24

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Its all connected. That is the lowest spot on the boat when its sitting in the water at rest. It can also sit there if the bow is not high enough when on a trailer.
Its not unusual.
Does your boat have a forward bilge pump?

allisbob

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 236
is it fresh water or salt water?
based on my taste test (which was gross) it is fresh water, which is a good thing. I think it could be coming from rain or me washing the boat. However other than the anchor compartment I'm not sure how the fresh water would get in there. Thanks. Bob

allisbob

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 236
Its all connected. That is the lowest spot on the boat when its sitting in the water at rest. It can also sit there if the bow is not high enough when on a trailer.
Its not unusual.
Does your boat have a forward bilge pump?
That makes sense, my boat is in the water (not trailered) I do not have a forward bilge pump. It's not much water so I'm not too worried about it. Thanks for your reply.

igblack87

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 222
if you have a hand pump, you could try to syphon our the water in the compartment and run some tests...maybe with a hose to see where the water might be coming in. Does your bilge have standing water in it?

Glad its not saltwater...that might be a bigger issue to worry about :)

rocketguy88

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 236
My 236 is on a trailer and a standard procedure after every trip is to raise the trailer tongue up as high as possible and let any water drain thru the transom drain plug. There's always some water in it after washing. I suspect a lot of the water that gets into the bilge is seeping thru the hatch covers.

Punchline Cap

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 236
I have a 2017 Fisherman 236 and I have never encountered that problem. Maybe the drain line from one of the front three compartments has come loose or is leaking? Try putting a hose in the drain of each box and make sure they are draining out the port side and not into the head compartment. Do you keep ice in any of those compartments for drinks or to keep fish cold? Maybe run a hose through the drain in the head and see where it drains? Maybe a clog in that drain? Good luck!

seasick

Reaction score
Does the water accumulate as a result of a run (in other words was the bilge or locker dry before the outing and wet afterwards)?

On the other hand, if the locker is dry after a run but wet the next time you get ready to take a run, then water is probably related to rain.
In your checking make a note if the anchor was used or not. The line can hold a decent amount of water. Does your anchor locker drain into that locker or does it drain into the mid bilge? Can you get access to see if the mid bilge is holding water. There may be a deck plate in that area.