Fisherman 257 vs Canyon 271

Cusejh15

Reaction score
Starting to begin my research for a new CC. Have always admired Grady’s and was looking for some insight from guys who have experience with both models. Thanks in advance

FHA

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 257
Wow, I thought this was a great question because the length to beam ratio favors the 257 but the other advantages go to the Canyon.

mjwilly

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 257
Hi I have a 2017 257 w/ twin 150s. I downsized from a Sailfish. For me the 271 wasn't worth the additional $90K given how I fish. I'm sure the additional ~1ft beam and the ~1500lb weight difference could provide a better ride if you are planning to be in frequent rough water and the extra 50 gallons fuel may come in handy if travel far offshore. The 271 head is a bit bigger, but my kids are older and the head has never been used in 3 years. Here in MA, I primarily striper/blue fish close to rock structures in shallow water and opted for maneuverability/draft, although I do go 20 miles offshore for haddock and Stellwagen/tuna fishing choosing my days appropriately. Many 257s come with twin 200s (digital), but again I didn't think it was worth the additional cost and opted for the very durable and fuel efficient 150s (mechanical). With best conditions I top out at 45+MPH.

Reactions: mhinch