Fisherman hatch issue/repair help.

33Engine

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 222
When I took the shrink wrap off the boat this year I found some pieces of one of the hatch covers on the casting platform had come off during storage.
Never noticed any cracks or other signs of damage previously.
The pieces that fell off are pretty intact.
Any ideas if there is a way to bond/glue the pieces back on for the season?
Or think it would be better to just gel coat over the affected areas to keep the water out?
Will look into a better fix in the fall.
Boat is a 2002 Fisherman.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Kyle

RcVdxWo.jpg

NJJDeEY.jpg

KfwWnn1.jpg

9jNl1x4.jpg

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Most likely popped off from freeze damage. The damage was already there - allowing water in - then it froze during the winter. If you're not too worried about aesthetics, just sand a bit and apply a little epoxy resin as a glue. It'll get you pretty close and the epoxy will seal the core from further damage.

33Engine

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 222
Most likely popped off from freeze damage. The damage was already there - allowing water in - then it froze during the winter. If you're not too worried about aesthetics, just sand a bit and apply a little epoxy resin as a glue. It'll get you pretty close and the epoxy will seal the core from further damage.

That's what I figured was the cause.

At this point it cant look any worse.

Thanks for the advice!

mleads310

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Not sure if it may work but maybe you can do a gelcoat repair with one of those color matching kits?Screenshot_20190612-224427.png

mhinch

Reaction score
Hate to see that. Do as advised above, fish it for the season and repair in the fall at haul out. Good luck with it and sorry it happened.