Fishing Fryan Pan Tower

Cabe123

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
I just bought a Grady 192 a couple of months ago. I normally Fish around Little River. I want to do some bottom fishing around the tower, I would trailer the boat up to Southport and head out to the tower from there. My question is do I have enough boat to do this trip any thoughts would be appreciated thanks

JLK225

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 225
Sorry for the late response but if you pick your days that is plenty of boat to make the tower. There are typically plenty of boats out there as well. Just make sure you have radios, PLB, and a tow service cause you never know.

I run a 225 tournament out of Southport - be more than happy to buddy boat anytime

DMYERS

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Wondered how the fishing is out of southport area? Coming down from NJ for vacation in august and looking for property to maybe relocate
down the road. Taking tour of St James while we're down.
Thanks for any info ...

Cabe123

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
Sorry for the late response but if you pick your days that is plenty of boat to make the tower. There are typically plenty of boats out there as well. Just make sure you have radios, PLB, and a tow service cause you never know.

I run a 225 tournament out of Southport - be more than happy to buddy boat anytime
Thanks for offering the Buddy Boat, I would like to do the run, how much fuel do you burn from Southport to tower round trip?

Cabe123

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
Wondered how the fishing is out of southport area? Coming down from NJ for vacation in august and looking for property to maybe relocate
down the road. Taking tour of St James while we're down.
Thanks for any info ...
Fishing is good around the tower if you care to venture offshore, there are some more nearshore hot spots, St James really nice community

DMYERS

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
What types of fish are available? i do offshore fishing from Montauk so I'm interested if you can get off for tuna, mahi,etc relatively close?

Cabe123

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
You can catch mahi around tower I think tower is 34 miles offshore to get to the gulf stream your looking 50 to )0 miles

JLK225

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 225
Thanks for offering the Buddy Boat, I would like to do the run, how much fuel do you burn from Southport to tower round trip?
Maybe 25 gallons? Honestly I don't really worry about that trip at all with a fill tank. I've run 60 miles out to the stream from southport trolled all day and back on half a tank.

I'll be down all next week and fishing some of those areas, feel free to PM me