Fishing rod holders

Yooper

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Just purchased a 2007 Sailfish 282 and would like to purchase transom and hardtop rod holders. I’m wondering if Grady makes them or is there an aftermarket supplier. I’m in Stuart Fl. if anyone knows of a fabricator in South Florida.

Yooper

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Thank you for your response. This will help with the rocket launchers. Any ideas for the stern area between the fish box and the engines. Looks pretty tight with the motors up.

themikehyde

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Website
www.themikehyde.com
I have a 2009 330 express with Twin 350's. No room for holders in the transom well. I had thought about adding slide in-'s, but would hate to forget and raise the engine. I have removed the bolster for the back seat, and planning to add 2 slide in's there, and fill the voids with 1/4" pvc board. That way I can slide them in when needed, and remove when not. I am thinking one will notice the bolster is set out 1/4"?
Mike

Fishtales

Reaction score
The only issues for transom holders is to verify they do not get in the way of the engines when up and mounting. It is tough to get backside access. You may need to screw into glass or investigate a blindside fastener.

Yooper

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I’ve checked out the clearance and have a minimum of 6 inches with motors up, so I should be fine. I can’t find access to thru bolt on the starboard side and tough going on the port side. Looks like using screws is the only option . Can anyone tell me the thickness and material of the area behind the fish box?

TMC PARTS

Reaction score
Website
www.taylormarinecenter.com
We use Birdsall Marine euro holder for this application. Very nice product our customers have been extremely happy with. As for thru bolting them we drill through the fix box a 1.5" hole to gain access and then use Grady colored plugs we get from the factory. Part number 11-133 and run $2.95 each. Please see attached pictures. Hope this helps!

Joshua Doyon
Parts Manager
Taylor Marine Center
Phone: 302-422-9177

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_5900.jpg
    IMG_5900.jpg
    584.4 KB · Views: 32

Yooper

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Thanks for the information Joshua. I have already ordered the rod holder from GW Fabercation , but will definitely use the plugs and thru bolt idea. Wasn’t sure how well screws would hold in the transom.
Thanks again
Yooper