Fix Ladder Bracket 282 Sailfish

JRuss282

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Our ladder mounts to the rear of boat just ahead of the motors, it is one piece ladder maybe 3 feet long and snaps into (2) two plastic brackets. Well one of those puppies broke last year, I have the new ones but need to replace.

They seem to have a bolt going through them and then I need to reach up under the bench seat that has the batteries and stuff the NUT is pretty high up difficult to get too and probably not going to come off without a fight.

My thoughts, I'm going to drill these out, then just use a stainless toggle bolt anchor. Remember the ones we used back in the day? I will just pop that little fella through the hole x 4 and tighten down?

Thoughts?

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Those brackets have a pretty strong grip that takes some prying to get the ladder loose and it will put quite a bit of pressure on the toggles and glass. I have a SF but that is one of the only things on the boat I have not replace.
I always refrain from making any holes bigger wherever possible. Maybe there is fiber glass pro that could answer the strength of a toggle through glass. Good luck - I know from experience that you need to be a contortionist to get in many area of a GW !

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I would surely try to remove them, before drilling the heads off. I doubt that they are going to pop right out, even if you do. I would assume, or at least hope, that it is a snug fit in the hole, and that it is well sealed, going through the transom. 5200 is not out of the question, then you’re going to be stuck trying to remove four bolts with no head. Even if they do pop through, you’re gonna drop four bolts into the bilge, or some other compartment.