Flir or Nite Track … experiences ??

Pat Hurley

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Trying to decide which one to go with. They both have pros and cons. Any members here have experience with either one ? I would like to incorporate night vision capability in conjunction with my new radar (12kw Furuno) for those early morning runs more so then evening. Understanding that the Nite track relies on some ambient light vs the infrared on the Flir

mleads310

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I have a flir md625 on my sailfish. Here's the deal. It's a great tool to have, so far 8ve only used it a handful of times when heading out tuna fishing, leaving 330am ish moon and no moon. The refresh rate and clarity is really good while cruising aprox 24kts. The faster you go, the more it may miss but still very good. I can pick up lobster pots and small debri, but again it may miss some items depending on water temp etc. I like having it so far and the more I use it the better I can interpret what I'm seeing/not seeing. Like radar, depth sounder etc it's just another tool to give you that much more advantage of running at night. Ask me anything and I'll try to answer as best I can.